Thursday, November 11, 2010

Old song, new message

“Lord (I Don’t Know)” is one of my favorite Newsboys songs. I listen to it when I’m depressed, sad about the world, when something awful has happened, when one of my friends has died.

“Lord, I don’t know where all this is going
Or how it all works out.
Lead me to peace that is past understanding
A peace beyond all doubt.”

This morning the song sprung up in a new light: joy, excitement, anticipation, a genuine and overwhelming feeling of looking forward to the future and "all that is to come". Same song, completely new message for me.

2 comments:

Gallimaufry Girl said...

I approve.

Mom said...

I had not heard this song, before reading your blog, but the first two lines were in my heart and mind when I woke up this morning. They are certainly very comforting words to keep in mind while standing at a crossroads in Life's journey. Coincidentally (or not), that's where I am, right now.