Sunday, February 26, 2012

Why I make movies

There are a lot of reasons I love making movies, but sometimes the most rewarding feelings I don't encounter until we're done shooting. This is from a high school hockey coach whose team helped us out as background actors for our hockey scenes. Unbeknownst to me, one of the girls' friend's dad died the day before we shot our scene, and the entire team was having a rough time coping.

I believe everything happens for a reason, and I couldn't think of a better situation for them than the situation you provided on Thursday. You helped them feel important, take their minds of sadness and focus on fun, and really just gave them a life experience that some of them will never have again.

Making movies has a lot of meaning in my life. It means even more when, somehow, God can use it to minister to others.

No comments: