Friday, April 06, 2012

Coward

(Part 2 of 4)

Out of breath– been running– scared– don't know what– to do.

Judas.

How could you? What did they offer you? Why?

No time to think about that now. Have to stay hidden, out of sight.

Peter. Oh Peter. I'm sorry. I heard the rooster. I'm so sorry. It's true?

He's not answering me. He doesn't need to. I see it in his eyes. It's true.

Three times. He denied him three times. He's crying. I've never seen Peter cry. All of this happened so fast! I don't understand.

Peter? Peter listen to me. Peter, I want you to know, I don't blame you. No, I don't. I ran away. And I didn't look back. You followed them, waited outside the high priest's house. I couldn't even do that. I'm such a coward.

Where do we go from here? Those screams. Oh, Peter, what are they doing to him? What are they going to do to us?!

I just want it all back the way it was.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is no going back. There is only going forward accepting the past as a gift.