Sunday, July 30, 2006

This Weekend's Adventures

Estate sales are such an awesome creation! Yesterday, on our way home from Grandma and Grandpa's house (my future abode), my parents and I stopped at a sale just a few blocks away. Okay, maybe it doesn't sound so exciting at first read, but while we were there I nabbed a couch, bookshelf, nice wooden table, giant moveable lamp, and 19" CRT TV for my house at a much better price than could have been had in the stores. Of course, getting it from the sale back to the house was another issue, but after bringing back an emptied van with no seats, we were able to make it all fit in just one trip. Oh, so exciting!

The other exciting event yesterday was the arrival of my aunt and uncle from Ohio - they are here for the week to finish the work of sorting and packing memories and other items from Grandma and Grandpa's house that Mom and Aunt Judi had started earlier this month. This time they drove the van up so that they can bring a lot of stuff back home with them, as opposed to trying to fit things onto an airplane.

And then yesterday evening I went over to a friend's house for a large get-together / reunion of our high school class, and it was a lot of fun. It was about the crowd I expected, maybe missing one or two people I thought would have been there, but otherwise, a very fun group, and just a relaxing time catching up with them.

Today was less relaxing - Church in the morning was good, and then lunch with the family, but after that I spent the entire day working on a new client's website. Very productive, to be sure, but still, a very long day. So that's the short version of this weekend, simply because I'm tired and have no energy left.

No comments: