Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Glasses

I'd completely forgotten how expensive glasses are in the two years since I've purchased them, but my reminder came not many hours ago as I entered Pearl Vision, fresh from my eye doctor. On the plus side, they had a 50% off lenses sale, which is nice because otherwise the lenses alone would have been more expensive than the frames. In any case, I settled on two nice pairs, one made of flexible material that will snap back into position after extreme contortionist bending. I had a similar pair up until two years ago, when one such bending demonstration caused the frames to unexpectedly snap apart (better still, this was the evening of my first night at college - very embarrassing). My other new pair is 'normal' and silvery-ish, similar to my current frames. Sadly, though, they won't be ready until Monday, so I guess I'll just have to be patient. Tragic, since I'm really really bad at being patient, but thus is life.

No comments: