Sunday, April 08, 2012

Upstairs

(Part 4 of 4)

I'm scared.

We've locked the door, hopefully they won't come after us.

I'm still in shock. I can't believe he's dead.

I cried myself to sleep last night. I think we all did. My parents were right. I should never have left home to follow him. Stupid, dumb decision. I hope they'll take me back. If I beg, if I tell them how wrong I was– What was that noise?

It's the women. They're out of breath. Maybe they've been chased! Maybe the crowd's coming after all! Pack my things. Wait. What are they saying? The tomb. It's... empty?

They're crazy. Hallucinating. I can't blame them. I've lost count how many times I've wished it was all a dream. A terrible, awful nightmare. And any moment I'll wa– Another noise.

It can't be.

My God.

JESUS!

No comments: