Monday, October 25, 2010

Trust

I was in Ames over the weekend for AWAKEN, and to visit friends. Saturday night I was feeling mighty contemplative, so I stood outside for a good 15-30 minutes admiring the light show of a distant thunderstorm.

The word that kept coming to me was "trust". With so many questions about my future (specifically wondering which people will and will not be a part of my life), the sense I got was simply: trust. Trust, not in a flippant "it will all work out", but in a sincere, holy, "God's got my back" kind of way.

I'm a worrier. It's stressful. And I think I need to give that up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm in the process of writing an entry on this very issue, but the long and short of it is this, "Life isn't an issue of what you can do, but how much you can trust God." Peace, my friend.