Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Da Vinci

It wasn't worth it to me to stay up for a midnight showing, but I did eventually go to see The Da Vinci Code with some friends last week. For all the fuss that's been made of it, I guess I expected something more. I expected something more original than a religion-based rendition of National Treasure, but I also expected something that would come across more controversially to me than it did (of course, I am the one who's been saying it's a piece of fiction, get over it).

So anyway, the film had definite similarities to National Treasure, with a little bit of blood and gore in the style of the Passion. It won't be making its way onto my favorites list, but it was far from the worst I've ever seen. The cinemetography was well done, the soundtrack was awesome, the acting was decent, and the story was slightly lacking. All in all a good piece of entertainment for the night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, It's Tim.
I really liked National Treasure, it was a pretty good movie.
From what I've heard, the movie is disapointing cinematically, and I mean, beyond the fact that it is fiction.
I'll see it anyways, without a doubt. I just don't know if it will be in theaters or on DVD.