Monday, May 29, 2006

Why Should the Devil Have All the Good Music?

So as I was driving this past Saturday I was listening to KTIS, and then I happened to see a song title by Larry Norman on the little XM box: "Why Should the D". I figured, hey, that must be the old song, "Why Should the Devil Have All the Good Music?". I've heard a lot about it before, but I've never actually heard it, so it's about time I listened to it.

Because I think it's just an absolutely awesome premise for a song, I've sort of propped it up very highly in my mind, so actually hearing it for once was a bit of a let down. It's still a great idea for lyrics, but I'm not a fan of the more classic 60s / 70s-esque piano jazz stylings. It was worth listening to once, but this is one that won't be making it onto my favorites list. Well, at least now I can say I've heard it.

No comments: